Databases for Jewish Studies
- Semantics of Ancient Hebrew Database: The project focuses on the language of all texts in Ancient Hebrew: the Hebrew Bible, the Ancient Hebrew inscriptions, the Hebrew text of Ben Sira and the Hebrew Qumran texts.
- The Felix Posen Bibliographic Project on Antisemitism: The Vidal Sasoon International Center for the Study of Antisemitism online databases, containing about 30,00 items.
- Index of Articles in Jewish Studies (Rambi): The Jewish National and University Library A selective bibliography of articles in the various fields of Jewish studies and in the study of Eretz Israel. Material listed in Rambi is compiled from thousands of periodicals and from collections of articles - in Hebrew, Yiddish, and European languages.
Machal volunteer database:
A searchable database with the names of the Machal Volunteers - Volunteers from
the Overseas in the Israel Defence Forces
- The Palestine Post (1939-1948) Searchable Database: Tel-Aviv University - The Palestine Post was published from 1932 to 1950, when it was renamed the Jerusalem Post. It was the only English language newspaper in Mandatory Palestine, and one of the leading newspapers of the Jewish community at that time. It is a major source for modern Jewish history, the history of the modern Jewish community in the land of Israel, of Israel's struggle for independence, of Middle Eastern history, and of the fate of the Jews during the Holocaust.
- Jewish Records Indexing - Poland: Launched in early 1995, JRI - Poland is the largest fully searchable database of indexes to Jewish vital records accessible online. 4.5 million records from more than 500 Polish towns are now indexed. More are being added every few months
- The Bibliography of the Hebrew Book 1473-1960: A Bibliography of all Printed Hebrew Language Books before 1960. Covers 9000 titles and 12,000 authors.
- The Sol and Evelyn Henkind Talmud Text Databank: A Computerized Databank of the texts of the Babylonian Talmud Based upon Manuscripts and Early Editions.
- Proquest Digital Dissertations (Dissertations Abstracts): The database lists some 1.5 million Ph.D. dissertations and MA theses submitted to over 1,000 universities, from 1861 to date. Abstracts are included for Ph.D. dissertations since 1980 and MA theses since 1988. Access to this service is restricted to staff and students of the following Israeli universities: Bar-Ilan University, Ben-Gurion University, Haifa University, Hebrew University, Tel-Aviv University.
- JewishGen Databases: A source of all kinds of genealogical information. Including the JewishGen ShtetlSeeker, Discussion Group Archives, and much more.
- The Institute for the Translation of Hebrew Literature Bibliographic Center: The Institute's Bibliographic Center comprises a unique computerized database: 35.000 items at present. Every translated poem and story has a separate and independent notation. The Database includes relevant articles, criticism and interviews, references to book reviews, articles on recent Hebrew publications, and subject and title indices in English and Hebrew.
- The Arabic Press Archive of the Moshe Dayan Center at Tel-Aviv University: A unique, searchable database of bibliographic references to Western and Arabic periodical literature, which includes over 100,000 entries dating from 1979 to the present.
[About the Dinur Center]
Copyright ©, 2014, Dinur
Center and The Hebrew University of Jerusalem. All Rights Reserved.06/08/17